Spring Show Lamb & Kid Sale
Saturday, April 1, 2017
The 2017 Indianhead Sheep and Goat Breeders Association Spring Sale features high quality club lambs, market goats, and breeding stock from top breeders in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Viewing: 11:00 a.m. Clinic: 12:00 p.m.
Youth & Adult Skill-a-thon 10:30-12:00
Auction: 1:00 p.m.
Brian Gerth 715.308.2222 or
Sue Mason 715.220.0484 [Call or Text]
Download the Sale Flyer (PDF)
New Location for 2017
Location: Valley Feeds, 1620 Indianhead Drive, Menomonie, WI 54751
Directions: Exit 45 off I-94, South on B, Right on 3M Drive (Walmart Distribution), half-mile, blue building on the North side of the road.
Download the Consignment Letter (PDF)
- The sale is open to all ISGBA members. Non-members interested in consigning will need to pay a $15.00 membership due if the farm is located in the 22 county ISGBA area or the $10.00 Associate membership due if outside the 22 county area.
- Consignment Deadline: Monday, March 20, 2017
- Consignment Number: Limited to 5 head per family or farm
- Consignment Fee: Is $14 per head. This includes all animals “sale” and “no-sale” or “scratch”. Substitutions are accepted the day of the sale. All consignment fees MUST be paid with entry.
- Sale Commission Fee: Is 10% of the sale amount that exceeds $100. Commission will be charged as sold by the auctioneer.
- Lambs must be a minimum or 40 pounds.
- Goats must be within the respective fair weight limits to be eligible for the Meat Animal Auctions.
- Floor Price will be $150. If you don’t think your animals will bring this amount please don’t bring them. Consignors may choose to have a higher floor for animals but nothing will sell for less. It is your responsibility to tell the auctioneer of a higher floor.
- Consignments must be set up and in place by 10:00 a.m. Friday placements are possible. Contact Sue
- All wethers and all wether style sheep must be slick shorn. Can be shorn 7-10 days before sale.
- All lambs will be paint branded and goats will have chain numbers. All animals will be weighed on a certified scale.
- Health Papers: Any animal consigned from outside Wisconsin must come to the sale with health papers. If you live in Wisconsin, you will not need health papers. A vet will be on site to write health papers for those animals sold to out of state buyers.
- All sheep and goats must have scrapie tags or tattoos.
- All lamb and goat wethers must be fully castrated.
- Breeding stock may consist of: yearling females, lamb or kid females and rams or bucks less than a year old. All sales are between the buyer and the seller. Consignors are responsible for transferring the registration papers to the buyer at the cost of the consignor.
- All sheep and goats consigned to the sale are held at the consignor’s risk until after the time of the sale in the ring.
- SALE CATALOGS: will be available on the new website: www.indianheadsheepandgoat.org also, follow the Association happenings on Facebook.
- The Indianhead Sheep and Goat Breeders Association is NOT responsible for misrepresentation of any sheep or goats.
- Terms: Cash or GOOD check. Make checks payable to: ISGBA. All purchases are to be settled on the day of the sale. Animals will be released by proof of receipt. Settlement checks will be mailed 14-20 days following the sale.
- Youth are encouraged to participate in the clinic. And Youth and Adults are encouraged to test their skills at the skill-a-thon.
- WINNERS: If you sold winning sheep/lamb at last year’s sale, please submit a picture.
- NOTICE: Neither the sale management, nor Valley Feeds, Inc, nor the consignor to the sale assume any risk or liability in case of any accidents of any kind or losses of any kind to any person or persons in attendance at this event.
- The Indianhead Sheep and Goat Breeders Association will be selling advertising space in the sale catalog. If interested, please send your ad via email to Sue Mason and mail payment. Costs are as follows: Quarter Page $20, Half Page $30, Full Page $50
- Consignors are welcome to set-up their own advertisements regarding their flock the day of the sale. Space might be limited.
- Sue Mason 815 Rowley Rd., Downing, WI 54734 715.220.0484, email@example.com
- Brian Gerth: 715.308.2222